Wednesday, November 29, 2006

stepUP Foundation


I have a passion for motivating, inspiring and assisting young people to achieve their dreams and goals. I always go out of my way to help a young person where I can. I am a strong believer, along with many others, that our schooling curriculum needs to be modified so that it gives young people all the opportunity they deserve and does not ever say no, can’t or don’t.

Over the past 12 months I have been toying with the idea of creating an education/mentoring program for young people. I have been brainstorming what I want the program to consist of and how it will work.

Yesterday I learned about the stepUP Foundation.

“The first intention of stepUP Foundation is to educate and excite teenagers about the possibilities for their futures in business and in life and to deliver on key outcomes of creating empowerment, self worth, inspiration, renewed strength, tools, strategies and fun.

The second intention of stepUP Foundation is for any adults associated with stepUP such as Foundation Members, Volunteers, Coaches, Speakers, even Suppliers and Sponsors to have breakthroughs in their own lives, create new opportunities for themselves or their businesses, learn new skills, establish new relationships and discover new possibilities professionally and personally.

Lastly, the final and fundamental intention of stepUP Foundation is to contribute to world peace. One person at a time. We do that by having Teens – who are our future leaders (the ones who will determine our future as a nation and a planet, our economic stability, world peace and more in the years to come) realize that someone from different circumstances than their own is really not so different after all, and their job, after having their own lives work, is to make a difference out there.”

Magic! This is exactly what I am looking for. This foundation is very similar to the vision I have had for the past year. I guess the breakfast presentation was an “In the right place and the right time” opportunity.

stepUP run a 2-day event for teenagers and have high-profile and very successful presenters. These presenters tell their success story and are promoting:

“If it’s possible for me, it’s possible for you, it’s just a matter of how”


www.stepupfoundation.com


I have learned a lot about having a higher purpose and creating success for yourself and others. Having a passion and sharing that success with those people. I am going to be helping out both financially and with my time at the next New Zealand stepUP event.

My goal is to become a speaker at these events and help the stepUP Foundation achieve their goal of becoming a $100M Foundation operating on all 7 continents by the year 2013.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home