Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Manawatu Rents on the rise

Being an investor based in Palmerston North, I keep a close eye on all media relating to the property market as this is what creates most peoples perceptions of the market and what’s going on. I generally take no long-term notice of the media as it is always written by a journalist. I have nothing against journalists; they simply are not Property Market experts. I don’t think that many journalists realize how much of an impact their stories have on the community, people and businesses.


According to a large article in the Manawatu Standard this evening, the median rent for a house in Palmerston North is $240 per week – a 10% rise over the past 12 months. This is above the national average of a 4% increase. A 10% increase in your weekly rent expense will hurt a lot of people in the growing number of tenants. After 4 years of a consistently booming property market, a lot of people are left wondering how on earth they will ever own their own home.

I personally feel for everyone who is not on the property ladder! Getting on that first rung is the hardest step and increasing weekly rent while trying to scrape together a deposit is only making times tough.

I have an solution that assists soon-to-be first home owners into their own home. A Lease-Option. I am only offering this solution in the Manawatu area at this stage, however, I have a network of people all over New Zealand who can assist you also.

Click here to learn more about the Tahoe Properties Lease to Own Program.

Have an incredible 2007 and I look forward to regularly updating this blog throughout the year.

Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home